Thursday 17 July 2008

RE: Please, I need someone to talk to about my situation and what to do next

Hi Rich, 

Thanks so much for your reply.  I have just spent several hours reading Mark Harris blog.  I agree there are certainly similarities.  I was also stunned to read about the protest that happened in the village of Seend which is where my wife and girls live in my former house.  This was right after the point that my wife refused to let me see the girls and just before my application for an order. 

I wish I had been involved with F4J back then. 

I have been a member for 2 days and yet already I am getting the impression that alone I do not have much hope of getting anywhere with regards to seeing my kids.  Nothing that Mark Harris did (although I greatly admire him for it) helped him to see his girls until one of them had turned 16. 

I am prepared to become an activist, become involved in direct action etc, but am new to this and would like some sensible advice on what my next step should be. 

For instance, my court fee for my application for an order is still active and the judge told me I could come back once I have 'had time to reflect', whatever that means.  Quite how things are supposed to improve though when I am unable to communicate with them - I don't know. 

Should I go back and try?  And if so, do it with  McKensie friend? 

I am not a quitter, I was in the military for 24 years, I am self-employed now and I will not give up fighting to see them.  I just want to channel my energies in the most effective way. 

Thanks for giving me your phone number.  With your permission, I'd like to give you and Jason a call on Friday evening. 

Best regards, 

Tim Line