Saturday 6 September 2008

2nd Email to Mark Re: New F4J

Hi Mark, 

Its not a case of wanting in or out.  I think you already know me well enough to know that I’m a fighter and that once I start a fight I don’t give up until it’s over.  As losing this battle is not an option, I will keep fighting until it’s won. 

I think what is important though, is that if F4J is dead then we must reinvent ourselves. A new name a new brand.  I think if we just rehash the old one then we will not be taken seriously. 

The last splinter group that reused the F4J name does not appear to have done anything meaningful.  

I think the next 18 months – 2 years are critical.  We have got nowhere with this government and neither will we now that they are all concentrating on fighting for their political survival.  Labour is fucked and they deserve to be.  We have got to be taken seriously by the next government BEFORE they are elected. 

There are plenty of good people out there that are passionate about our cause and if we get organised and all pull in the same direction, together with the right strategy we could be very effective at making some real steps towards the change we are all after. 

I’d love a chat tomorrow if you have the time. 

Please let me know what your landline is. 

Best regards, 

Tim